1. TeleTherapy is more convenient as you do not have to commute to an office, find parking or deal with public transportation. Therapy can be done from your work place, home or hotel.
2. It is very private. I use a secure platform that allows us to communicate in live time just like an in person session. Click here to learn more about Doxy and how the video session would work. https://doxy.me/patients
3. Your sessions can happen without having to hire a babysitter, coordinate schedules with a spouse or take extra time off work for commuting. My clients can supervise small children, be home during a child’s nap or have their sessions easily from a private workplace or work from home days.
5. If the therapist moves, a client may maintain the therapeutic relationship instead of having to switch therapists.
6. Timing of the sessions can often be more flexible than a traditional office visit.
Take note: Online counseling is not for everyone. People who have a history of serious mental health issues such as schizophrenia, bipolar or depression that lead to psychotic features, suicidal attempts, or personality disorder, would not be suited for online counseling.